It has been already passing more than a month from the day me and the other persons on the delegation were preparing our pitches at John Cabot University with Silvia Pulino and Pietro Paganini classes, to head to San Francisco for a full time immersion into the Silicon Valley ecosystem.
Working weeks after the business trip are passing quickly, but experienced done, lessons learned, and stimulating ideas outcome are still vivid into our minds, and contribute to our daily better performances and results.
Once again, in 2015, BAIA and Confindustria Salerno – Premio Best Practices per l’Innovazione joined a partnership with the aim of fostering the Italian innovation to challenge the US market. With Flavio Notari, firstly involved in the Scientific Committee of the Prize, than directly committed, as the rest of the BAIA team, in the organization and management of the business trip, BAIA during the week November 9 – 14 hosted a delegation of Italian entrepreneurs coming to San Francisco:
On the delegation there were:
- Giuseppe De Nicola, Former President of Confindustria Salerno Innovative Services Group and Coordinator of Premio Best Practices per l’Innovazione.
- Matteo Di Tucci and Cosmo Di Tucci, Able One Systems
- Alfredo Manzo, Ergo Italia
- Marco Fiore, Leanfa
- Laura Caputo, Francesco Passeggio, Giovanni Esposito, OMPM
- Giuseppe Agovino, Pin App
- Stefano Cuda and Irene Alleruzzo, IGOR/Solmed Tech
- Stefano Vena, Viaggiart
- Marco Baione, Jobiz Formazione
The week rushed very intense, with a full agenda of valuable meetings BAIA organized for the Italian entrepreneurs of the delegation, as well as with leisure spare time in the evenings organized to consolidate the group and create the right combination of serene atmosphere and business focus.
During the business trip we met:
- Consul Mauro Battocchi, Consul General of Italy in San Francisco
- Massimo Arrigoni, Chief Product Officer at MailUp
- Carlos Baradello, professor Hult International Business School
- Grazia Bennett, BAIA and Realtor at Sotheby's International Realty
- Federico Brocero, BAIA and Realtor at Intero Real Estate Services
- Matteo Daste, BAIA and partner at Squire Patton Boggs
- Matteo Fabiano, BAIA and cofounder at FireMatter
- Orlando Frasci, BAIA and Director of Corporate Relations at Hult International Business School
- Jesse Freese, RSC Manager at Trinet
- Jakie Hernandez, Vice President of Operations & Customer Engagement at PlugandPlayTechCenter
- Laszlo Horvath, co-founder and President ActiveMedia
- Paul Marca, Executive Director at Stanford Center for Business Development
- Vincenzo Mitolo, BAIA and First Republic Bank
- Vera Shokina, Managing Director at Silicon Valley Bank
- Cosimo Spera, Head of Data Science SaltGrid, Advisor at EIT Digital, CEO Beebell - EIT Digital
A special thanks to those extremely valuable persons who kindly dedicated their time to the success of this journey. On behalf of BAIA, we are very grateful to all of you. Thank You!
We are now back Italy, but we built a number of business relationships allowing us to develop synergies.
Positive comments gave by the participants, like the following ones, give us and BAIA a boost of energy:
Stefano Cuda “Grazie per la splendida settimana. Mi porterò per sempre, a prescindere dai risultati, una grande esperienza e la conoscenza di persone straordinarie. Ho scoperto una mentalità e modi di fare impresa lontani e diversi dai nostri, differenze dalle quali attingere il meglio per continuare a crescere ed innovare.”
Giuseppe Agovino “Rileggendo mi emoziono, passano avanti ai miei occhi le immagini di noi, impegnati durante le dure giornate di lavoro e confronto a promuovere al meglio le nostre idee e captare quanto più possibile delle esperienze altrui, e poi le grandi risate ed i momenti di svago. Siamo riusciti a creare una comunità umana ed imprenditoriale in pochissimo tempo, comunità che a mio avviso deve rimanere nei fatti e nutrirsi di nuovi ingressi.”
For all of us participating to the business trip I am sure, the week had been the stimulus to approach with greater determination and optimism our daily occupations, bringing with us the example of something extremely vivid and dynamic and, at the same time, some new ideas that will allow us to have an edge!
We are always here to facilitate the open exchange of knowledge, business opportunities, relationships between Italy and the US and promote a business ecosystem that fosters innovation!