"A great BAIA team effort and result. That’s the way I can describe in one sentence the business trip organized by BAIA on behalf of Confindustria Salerno – Premio Best Practices per l’Innovazione" - Flavio Notari, BAIA Italy.
During 2014, BAIA has in fact been an active partner of the Confindustria Salerno initiative Premio Best Practices per l’Innovazione with Flavio Notari and Matteo Fabiano participating in the Scientific Comities of the Prize, and during the week November 17-21, 2014 BAIA hosted a delegation of Italian companies of the Confindustria network coming from Italy to San Francisco, CA.
I had the privilege to manage the delegation during the business trip. Joining our trip were:
- Giuseppe De Nicola, President of Confindustria Salerno Innovative Services Group and Coordinator of Premio Best Practices per l’Innovazione.
- Claudio Anastasio, Monica Jablonska and Angelo Cristiano, on behalf of Inposte Srl project Tnotice.
- Rossella Corrao, Founder, Sbskin (Upstart prize 2014 winner)
- Maurizio Mirabile, Chairman, Optosensing Srl
- Luca Galdi, Technical Director, Sip & T Srl
- Alessandro Tritto, CEO, Card Project Srl
- Umberto Piattelli, Partner, Osborne Clark law firm
- Massimiliano Ventriglia and Luca Popia on behalf of Unicaseed, an equity crowdfunding platform
- Gianfranco Valiante, Mayor, Città di Baronissi, Italy
The week was very intense, due to the extremely valuable meetings BAIA organized for the Italian entrepreneurs of the delegation. From BAIA, we met Matteo Daste, Matteo Fabiano and Elisabetta Ghisini.
On an Institutional level we met:
- Consul Mauro Battocchi, Consul General of Italy in San Francisco
- Stefano Mancini, Commercial Attaché, Consulate General of Italy in San Francisco
- Paul Marca, Executive Director at Stanford Center for Business Development
At the Italian Consulate of San Francisco
On the Company side we met:
- Massimo Arrigoni, Chief Product Officer at MailUp
- Clara Brenner, CEO and Co-Founder at TUMML
- Colin Brown, Founder and CEO at Venturexcel
- Stephen Clinton, Counsel at Bingham
- Jesse Freese, RSC Manager at Trinet
- Ron Heller, Managing Director at Woodside Capital Partners
- Jakie Hernandez, Vice President of Operations & Customer Engagement at PlugandPlayTechCenter
- Terry Hill, Partner at Tatum
- Marco Marinucci, Founder and CEO at Mind the Bridge
- Gregory Renard, CEO at Xbrain
- Vera Shokina, Managing Director at Silicon Valley Bank
- Steve Wilson, Partner at Osborne Clark
A special thanks to everyone who kindly dedicated their time to the success of this journey. On behalf of BAIA, we're very grateful. Thank You!
At Plug and Play
Trying to make a summary of a week in the Bay Area in few words I have to say that we met accelerators, we met companies which from startups have become world leaders in their fields, presented the delegation to the Italian Consul and his commercial attaché, visited Stanford University and received the inspiration from the campus, we met two groups of investors and we networked at BAIA Aperitivo in Palo Alto, CA with the BAIA community. In all, a very inspiring trip!
At BAIA Aperitivo Silicon Valley with Sara Pirami (center), organizer of BAIA Aperitivo
We're now back in Italy, but we built a number of business relationships with the aim to develop synergies.
For all of us participating to the business trip I am sure, the week had been the stimulus to approach with greater determination and optimism our daily occupations, bringing with us the example of something extremely vivid and dynamic and, at the same time, some new ideas that will allow us to have an edge!
We are here for this. We can. We want to.