Did you know that any BAIA Link member can publish an event on the BAIA event calendar?
BAIA's official event calendar is maintained and always accessible on the BAIA community portal BAIA Link. That is something that many of you already know. What you may not know is that any BAIA Link member (there are almost that 2,200!) can post an event on the BAIA Link calendar.
Here's how you can create a BAIA Link calendar event:
- Go to http://link.baia-network.org and login (if you do not have an account, you need to create one first).
- Click on the "Events" navigation tab to access the event calendar section.
- Click on the "+ Add" button in the top right corner. An event entry form will open up.
- Fill in all the event details, date, time, icon image etc. and click "Add Event"
- You are done. Once approved, your event will be published online.
Like some of the other content on BAIA Link, events are moderated, which means that a BAIA administrator will have to approve your event before it is published*. Approvals in general take place in less than 24 hours. Keep in mind that BAIA is a business-oriented, apolitical, professional community and that events (or any kind of content) that is not in line with BAIA principles and mission may not be approved for publication.
Why should you post an event on BAIA Link? First and foremost, to give it visibility to the BAIA community. In addition to being published online, the most interesting events are also included in the BAIA weekly digest newsletter, which is sent to more that 5,000 people and often also promoted on the BAIA social media channels.