Have you ever wished you could sit down for dinner with an experienced professional in your field, to ask them how things really work? Welcome to BAIA’s new series of events, BAIA Dinners.
While BAIA Aperitivo is a monthly networking event open to all professionals and free to attend, BAIA Dinners is an exclusive way to connect with three top experts in a given field for just six members of the BAIA Community, while dining at one of the great restaurants San Francisco has to offer.
BAIA Dinner #1: Meet Three Advertising Pros
- Luca Penati is the Global Managing Director, Technology Practice at Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide where he oversees teams around the world and provides strategy and counsel to global and regional clients such as Intel, LG Electronics and BMC Software. Luca has spent 25 years assisting companies – from Fortune 1000 to start-ups – shape their image, tell their story, build their brand and protect their reputation. He has experience providing counsel in different technology industries, such as enterprise software, hardware, consumer tech, wireless, networking and semiconductor. Additionally, having worked in Europe for 13 years before moving to California in 1998 and being fluent in three languages, Luca brings an international perspective that is critical in today's global market. Luca has been a speaker at several industry events and business schools in three different continents.
- Lydia Kim is the VP, Strategy Director at DDB. Now that's she's been at it a while, Lydia is surprised to find that her current career in advertising is so similar to her last gig as a high school literature teacher. She's lived and worked in the South, Philly, Chicago, and Los Angeles, and worked on brands like Gatorade, Safeway, Visa, Nissan, and recently, her two professional lives dovetailed when she was TBWA’s strategic on Mrs. Obama’s Let’s Move initiative. She is a well-intentioned if casual practitioner of yoga, loves movies and bento lunches, will try any health fad once.
- Michael Brady is the VP, Director of Studio Services at Y&R California. He has worked on campaigns for clients such as Google, Lenscrafters, NVIDIA and Ray-Ban among others. He started out in advertising as a production artist in the studio of Goldberg Moser O’Neill, which became Hill Holliday, then joined Butler Shine & Stern as their studio manager before rejoining former colleagues at Chiat\Day in San Francisco to build and manage their studio and put together a formidable group of digital artists. At work he makes lives easier and things look better. He likes to say that he realizes ideas and I fights fires. Outside of work Michael can be found checking out live music and hanging out with his wife, Kim, and their children, Caoilinn and Oisín.
How do I attend? Send us a request!
Anybody can request to attend a BAIA Dinner. The price to attend the BAIA Dinner #1: Meet Three Advertising Pros is $53.65 per person (And the entire amount can be used towards purchasing or renewing a BAIA Supporting Membership). This strictly covers the to cost of the meal, tip and tax. It does NOT include drinks. The dinner will take place in San Francisco on September 18th at 7 pm, and the restaurant and exact location will be communicated to participants only.
If you'd like to request to attend, please send an email to Aurora at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "BAIA Dinner #1" answering succintly to the following 3 questions:
- Why do you want to attend this BAIA Dinner?
- Your Linkedin profile or link to your online bio.
- Describe yourself in 140 characters.
Do you have a topic or industry in mind for the next dinner? Let us know, email Aurora Meneghello at email@example.com with your ideas.