At BAIA we receive emails from people looking for job opportunities on a daily basis. BAIA wants to help and support Italian professionals as much as possible, which includes helping people develop their careers and find jobs. However, there is only so much BAIA can do and there are certainly things that BAIA cannot do! :)
First a few facts:
- BAIA is volunteer-based networking association
- BAIA is not a placement agency
- BAIA does not provide head-hunting services
- BAIA staff is made entirely of part-time, unpaid volunteers and it has no employees
- BAIA does not have a traditional office with a receptionist and staff sitting around
- BAIA does not maintain a list of available jobs in the Bay Area
To be clear, many people have found a new job through BAIA, whether because they met their future employer at a BAIA event or beacuse they met someone that provided the right referral into a company or because they volunteer on BAIA projects that showcased their skills and got the attention of employers. And when we do know of any job opportunities that are particularly relevant to BAIA members, we post them on the BAIA Careers forum.
So, while there are NO guarantees, you may want to consider doing what has proved to succeed in the past:
- Regularly attend and contribute to BAIA events
- Be active on BAIA's community and engage with BAIA and its members online on Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter.
- Volunteer to be part of the BAIA Team
- Take the time to learn how to network the right way
- Take the time to learn how to make it easy for people to help you
Now go get it!